A. Information Collected
The information about you which we may collect through the tasmaniacabins.com.au website includes any messages or comments you submit to us via the tasmaniacabins.com.au website. Information collected includes:
- any details you provide to us as part of a fare or travel product or service query or quote request;
- any details you provide to us in the process of booking or acquiring a travel product or service;
- any details you provide to us in the process of becoming a registered user of the tasmaniacabins.com.au website;
- any messages or comments you email tasmaniacabins.com.au or tasmaniacabins.com.au’s employees, officers or agents, which may include personal information such as your name and email address;
- information collected when you participate in an online survey; and
- your email address if you subscribe to our newsletters or mailing lists.
If you wish to acquire travel insurance via the tasmaniacabins.com.au website then you will be required to advise if you have a pre-existing medical condition. This information is required by and will be provided to the travel insurance provider, but will not be otherwise used by tasmaniacabins.com.au.
Once your personal information and any payment details have been received by tasmaniacabins.com.au’s computer systems via the tasmaniacabins.com.au website, we take all reasonable precautions to securely pass and store that information in tasmaniacabins.com.au’s our affiliated service providers.
In common with many commercial websites we may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to the tasmaniacabins.com.au website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the tasmaniacabins.com.au website are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the tasmaniacabins.com.au website.
The tasmaniacabins.com.au website may offer interactive facilities, games, calculation devices, and fare-finders. If you use any interactive features, we may, but generally do not, capture personal information which you enter when using these features.
You may browse through information-only areas of the tasmaniacabins.com.au website without providing any personal information to us. However, we may not be able to provide the full range of services through the tasmaniacabins.com.au website if we are not provided with the information outlined above.
B. Emailing tasmaniacabins.com.au
C. Use and Disclosure of Information
We will use or disclose personal information that we collect through the tasmaniacabins.com.au website or email:
- where you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
- for the main purpose(s) for which we collected it, or for related purposes which you would reasonably expect, which may include:
- subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), to provide you with information relating to tasmaniacabins.com.au or promotional details about products and services that may be of interest to you, unless you have previously advised us that you do not wish to be contacted for those purposes;
- purposes related to tasmaniacabins.com.au’s research (including market research), planning, service development, security, testing and risk management;
- purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of the tasmaniacabins.com.au website; and
where a third party acquires, or wishes to acquire, an interest in tasmaniacabins.com.au
We may provide the personal information we collect through the tasmaniacabins.com.au website or email to third parties. The types of third parties to whom we would usually disclose that personal information may include:
- the ultimate providers of travel or related products or services which you seek to acquire via the tasmaniacabins.com.au website (for example accommodation providers, airlines, insurance companies);
- our service providers who assist us in providing the tasmaniacabins.com.au website and our products and services (for example internet and technology service providers, and our auditors, mail houses and delivery companies); and
- organisations with whom we have co-promotional arrangements (and any agents used in administering such arrangements); and
tasmaniacabins.com.au’s related bodies corporate.
The tasmaniacabins.com.au website contains links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy policies or privacy statements.
We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
F. Access to Information
G. Contact Details
If you have any questions or feedback about privacy, or wish to make a complaint about the way in which we have handled your personal information, you may contact us as set out below:
Easy Travel Packages Tasmania
PO Box 830
Devonport TAS 7310